10/22 - Major Road Closures, Bus Reroutes for Four-Miler
The Ohio State Four-Miler event will occur on Sunday, October 22. Significant traffic delays, road closures, CABS impacts and limited parking availability are anticipated. During the event, vehicular traffic will not be able to enter/exit areas located within the event route, including Tuttle, Northwest and Neil Ave. parking garages. Please see below for an overview of impacts.
- Road Closures
- Cannon Drive, between John Herrick Drive and Woody Hayes Drive, will be closed completely from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. All lanes of Woodruff Avenue, Woody Hayes Drive, John Herrick Drive, College Road, 19th Avenue, Annie and John Glenn Avenue and sections of 12th Avenue, Tuttle Park Place and Neil Avenue will be closed completely from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. During the Four-Miler, vehicular traffic will not be able to enter/exit areas located within the event route, including Tuttle, Northwest, and Neil Ave. parking garages.
- Routes to Access Campus During the Event:
- To academic campus
- Northbound SR-315: Lane Avenue
- Southbound SR-315: Lane Avenue
- To the Wexner Medical Center
- Northbound SR-315: Exit at Medical Center Dr.
- Southbound SR- 315: Exit at Kinnear Rd. Proceed south on Olentangy River Road and east on King Avenue
- It is recommended that staff working on campus during the hours of the event plan to arrive early and prior to 9 a.m. Staff who park in a location that is within the event route area prior to the beginning of the event will not be able to exit the area until after the end of the event.
- To academic campus
- Parking Impacts
- From 9 a.m. – 1p.m., parking areas located within the event route, including Tuttle, Northwest and Neil Ave. garages, will not be accessible to vehicular traffic entering and exiting the area during these times. Increased demand for parking is anticipated near Ohio Stadium, so students, faculty, staff and visitors should prepare accordingly.
- Alternate parking for staff who are working on Sunday include Lane Avenue and Ohio Union South Garages.
- Wexner Medical Center Staff
- WMC staff who typically park in a WMC garage on Sundays should access the medical center campus from the south. Staff with garage keycards should avoid the Neil Avenue Garage, as it is located inside of the event route area.
- WMC staff who typically park on west campus should note that the Med Center Express, which provides service between the Carmack Lots and the Herrick Drive Transit Hub, will be suspended from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday, October 22. Smaller shuttles will run during this time, servicing the Carmack 2 and Carmack 3 bus stops, as well as Doan Hall on 12th Avenue. Please note that due to the event, service delays are anticipated during this time. If you are leaving the WMC campus between 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., you will need to access the shuttle at the temporary Doan Hall stop.
- Bus Service Impacts
- From 7 a.m. – 9 a.m., the Overnight & Weekend (OW) route will be rerouted down John Herrick Drive. From 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., the Overnight & Weekend (OW), Buckeye Village (BV) and Med Center Express CABS routes will be suspended. Smaller shuttles will run during this time, servicing the Carmack 2 and Carmack 3 bus stops, as well as Doan Hall on 12th Avenue.
- For Veterinary Medical Center Staff and Patients
- Between the hours for 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., from Lane Avenue, proceed south on Olentangy River Road. Enter the Veterinary Medical Center via the access road (this area is normally closed to public vehicular traffic) located on the west (right) side of the roadway. An officer will be at this location to assist with vehicular access into the area. As the runners proceed through campus, it is anticipated that the roadways near the Veterinary Medical Center will return to normal traffic control, which is estimated to occur around 12 p.m.
Motorists traveling to campus are asked to follow the directions of officials in the roadway and to anticipate heavy vehicular and pedestrian traffic on campus during the event. Additional event parking information can be found here.