10/28 - Major Road Closures, Bus Reroutes for Four-Miler
The Ohio State Four-Miler event will occur on Sunday, October 28. Traffic delays, road closures and CABS impacts will occur. During the event, vehicular traffic will be delayed entering / exiting areas within the event route. Please see below for an overview of impacts.
- Road Closures
- Cannon Drive, between John Herrick Drive and Woody Hayes Drive, will be closed completely from approximately 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Woodruff Ave., Woody Hayes Dr., Tuttle Park Pl., Neil Avenue, Lane Avenue, High Street, 19th Ave., 18th Ave., 11th Ave., 12th Avenue., College Rd. and Annie and John Glenn Ave. will be closed from approximately 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Parking Impacts
- Increased demand for parking is anticipated near Ohio Stadium, so students, faculty, staff and visitors should prepare accordingly. Please visit CampusParc's website for additional parking information.
- Bus Service Impacts
- The Med Center Express will continue its normal service. From 7 a.m. – 9 a.m., the Overnight & Weekend (OW) route will be rerouted down John Herrick Drive. From 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., the Overnight & Weekend (OW) and Buckeye Village (BV) will be suspended.
- For Veterinary Medical Center Staff and Patients
- Between the hours of 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., from Lane Avenue, proceed south on Olentangy River Road. Enter the Veterinary Medical Center via the access road (this area is normally closed to public vehicles) located on the west (right) side of the roadway. An officer will be at this location to assist with vehicular access into the area. As the runners proceed through campus, it is anticipated that the roadways near the Veterinary Medical Center will return to normal traffic control, which is estimated to occur around noon.
Motorists traveling to campus are asked to follow the directions of officials in the roadway and to anticipate heavy vehicular and pedestrian traffic on campus during the event.