Sept. 8-16 is National Drive Electric Week
National Drive Electric Week runs September 8 - 16. Read below to learn more about The Ohio State University's efforts to advance sustainability through the use of alternate fuels, including electric vehicles.
- Ohio State has eight electric vehicle charging stations on its Columbus campus.
- $500,000 was made available to university departments to encourage the purchase of alternative fuel fleet vehicles, including electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.
- Ohio State currently has 3 electric vehicles, 23 low speed electric vehicles, and 4 plug in hybrid electric vehicles in its university fleet.
- On June 7, the university held its first Smart Columbus Ride and Drive Roadshow to allow motorists to test drive electric vehicles and learn more about mobility options throughout Columbus.
- In addition, Ohio State’s CNG fueling station, the first of its kind of an Ohio university, fuels the Campus Area Bus Service (CABS) CNG buses.
- These initiatives reinforce Ohio State’s continued efforts to advance sustainability across campus and throughout the community, including strategic sustainability goals, developed by faculty, staff and students to enhance and expand policies, operations and practices.
Visit Transportation and Traffic Management's sustainability page for additional information.