Keep Safety in Mind as Seasons Change
As the days get shorter and evenings get darker earlier, it’s important to keep these safety tips in mind when traveling on and around campus.
- Avoid distractions and be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep your eyes up and your earbuds out when traveling.
- Wear bright and reflective clothing.
- Dress to be seen and protect your head.
- Watch for uneven or slippery surfaces and debris.
- Ride or walk predictably.
- Lights on bicycles are required when riding between sunset and sunrise.
- Use your headlights when your windshield wipers are in use.
- Watch for pedestrians and cyclists at night.
- Allow extra stopping distance when the road is wet.
Watch out for your fellow Buckeyes. We all share the road and responsibility in assuring it’s done safely.