Lyft Ride Smart at Ohio State is easy to use. Follow the step-by-step instructions to get started today!
1. Get the app
Download the Lyft app for iPhone or Android. Already have it? Just make sure to update to the latest version of the app.
2. Get your "Lyft Pass" for Lyft Ride Smart
If you received an email invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org, follow the prompts given in the email invitation. Once completed, you will be enrolled into the Ohio State ride program! You should see the “Lyft Pass” information appear in the “Payment” section of your Lyft app. If you do not, please try the following to claim your “Lyft Pass” today:
- Scan the QR code, follow the prompts, and be on your way.
- Open your phone’s camera and line it up with the QR code.
- A notification to open the Lyft app will pop up. Tap it.
- Verify your @osu.edu email address, and you’ll be all set.
- (OR) You can claim your pass by entering code, “OSURIDESMART” in the Lyft Pass section of the app's 'Payment' tab.
If you encounter issues enrolling in the program, please email email@example.com for additional support.
3. Take a Lyft Ride!
Request the "Lyft" option (all other selections will not apply) ride in the designated service area between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. Please make sure you're riding in personal mode and when, in the parameters, a blue banner will appear on the home screen that says, "Lyft Pass applied: $6.50 off."
You may view the ride parameters by visiting the “Payment” section in the Lyft app. Please note that tips are not required. Any additional tips paid to a driver will be charged to the personal credit card registered to your Lyft account.