As the days get shorter and evenings get darker earlier, it’s important to keep these safety tips in mind when traveling on and around campus.
- Avoid distractions and be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep your eyes up and your earbuds out when traveling.
- Wear bright and reflective clothing.
- Dress to be seen and protect your head.
- Watch for uneven or slippery surfaces and debris.
- Ride or walk predictably.
- Lights on bicycles are required when riding between sunset and sunrise.
- Use your headlights when your windshield wipers are in use.
- Watch for pedestrians and cyclists at night.
- Allow extra stopping distance when the road is wet.
Watch out for your fellow Buckeyes. We all share the road and responsibility in assuring it’s done safely.